This course offers professionals an introduction to the negotiating process in China. Author and consultant Andrew Hupert shows you how to build the kinds of relationships and deal structures you need to earn profits while protecting your assets. The China market is one of the greatest opportunities of our time — and the most significant business risk you’ll ever face.
Negotiate Successfully in China will show you how to:
- Construct a negotiation plan that leads to profitable business – not empty promises.
- Find the right partners – and keep them loyal.
- Protect your technology, intellectual property and assets.
- Identify and leverage your sources of power.
- Develop and maintain value-adding relationships and networks.
- Understand what Chinese negotiators really want – and what they really mean.
The material in this course can be absorbed quickly – but will serve as a useful resource throughout your career. A series of fast-paced video lectures is supported by downloadable slideshows, interactive cases, quizzes and readings. If you are involved in China business, this course will provide you with invaluable knowledge and skills.
What’s in the course?
- After taking this course you will understand how to build relationships, structure deals and protect your interests when negotiating in China – or with Mainland Chinese counterparties in your home markets.
- A basic knowledge of international business and negotiation is helpful, but not necessary.
Who Should Attend?
- This course is intended for professionals or business students who plan on engaging in business with Mainland Chinese counter-parties.
Professionals who have already had some experience with Chinese negotiations and want insight into the deal dynamics and thought processes of the Chinese side will find this course particularly useful.